Monday, January 25, 2010

Valentines mailboxes











Sunday afternoon was the perfect time to start getting ready for valentines day here with the girls.
We made simple mailboxes for thier cards by using
paper plates, paint,
stapler, and some valentines stickers from Michaels.
First we painted the dishes, then folded them in half,
we put them together to form a heart shape and stapled the bottem and then stapled the front top and front back.
We made the handle by cutting the upper portion of the paper plate and then
attached it to the back.
They decorated them with thier stickers too.
Next weekend we will make valentines cards for each other.
I purchase vintage valentine images from etsy and have them printed up at Staples or Office Depot and then use glitter and ribbons to fancy them up!
The girls just love doing arts and crafts with me!!!
We had a long weekend.
Saturday we had a small fire out back and made smores with the our kids and about 5 or 6 extra kids!! Then 3 slept over and Sunday we did arts and crafts.
As if I don't have enough kids of my own, every weekend there are several extras who stay and just wont leave!!
My oldest has her friends always here too which is nice.
Yes we feed them and they get awfully thirsty too, but it is a small price to pay just knowing all my kids are here safe and off the streets.
We know exactly who they hang out and what they are doing!!
So I'll just keeping shopping at Walmart for snacks and juice containers!!!!
xoxo,
Jenn~

3 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

How cute girl..I'm going to send your link to my Granddaughter so maybe her class can make these...THanks for sharing them...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Beansieleigh said...

Jenn, I LOVE this idea! I have a group of kids at church, asking me to throw a Valentine's Party, and this is a great craft to share with them!! LOVE it, and thank you for sharing it! ~tina (Oh!.. And great job, girls!! LOVE all the beautiful baskets you made!)

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

sweetie those are so cute!!! love them!!

i'm having a OWOH giveaway!!