Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Curbside Dresser Makeover

I found an ad on craigslist for a free dresser.
I had my poor hubby get out of his pajamas on a lazy Sunday evening to go get a dresser I
had known nothing about.
The address was only a couple of miles away so it turned out to be nasty- we could just drive away!
 It was just what I was looking for- sorta!
We hauled it home and the next morning I painted it with a home made chalk paint recipe I found on pinterest.
The top drawers were not as nice as the others, so I had hubby put a piece of plywood down and I added the baskets, then add the new drawer pulls.
So in total I spent 26.00 on the dresser.
The end baskets were found at Walmart for 8.00 and the middle one I already had purchased from Ross a few months back. The pulls were found at Lowes around 1.00 a piece.
 We have such limited storage in the house and with 5 kids I need all the space I can find.
Even though this dresser is in my living room, it hides my sons clothes.
No one even knows!!

Jenn

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

That turned out great! I like the idea of the baskets on the top row..and....you can't beat FREE! xo Diana

Kelly said...

That's a nice dresser to have now. I like how you used baskets in place of the top drawers.