Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The bunny will be here soon!

I finally got around to putting some easter decorations up. Just a few things. Some wreaths, pink eggs, and a few bunnies here and there. The kids love to add the wondow clings to the front door. I let them decorate that! We've been working hard on more projects. We got the rest of the beadboard panels up in our foyer. That was part of our 25.00 craigslist find back in august. It looks great in the foyer too and eventually we will do the living room too. Little by little. I would love to do more with the beadboard wallpaper, but I have textured walls. Thats limets me to what I can do with it. We also added some thin molding on the door that leads out to our garage. It is a big heavy wood door and I really like it, but too plain. The cost of a new door is just not in the budget right now. So we bought some molding for 5.00 a piece (we needed 2) and hubby used liquid nail to glue it on the door. Looks great!!! Above the doors we added thick molding and rosettes. Too bad even with all the custome wood and decor our house is still not worth much!!! This weekend we are taking the kids to see the easter bunny for pics. I managed to bribe...uh.. I mean talk the girls into getting the pic for thier baby brothers first Easter!!! We'll see who cries this year...probably me!! Hugs, Jenn

3 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

Awww.. A visit with the Easter Bunny? Sounds like fun!.. I'm really bad. I've only JUST taken my St. Pat's decorations down TODAY! I'm just so busy with so many things lately, that I can only HOPE to put the Easter stuff as soon as I can.. I did make a bunny cake for the ladie's group at the church last night, and that was a big hit! I was so glad! The kids all have the week off next week, so I SHOULD be able to get a few things done then!.. Have fun visiting the bunny and decorating with the kids! ~tina

NanaDiana said...

Jenn- Congrats on getting your Easter stuff out. It's easier some years than others-last year I barely bothered.

Your door looks great-amazing what a bit of molding can do-it looks like a new, expensive door. Have fun with the kids and picture taking- Hugs- Diana

Terri said...

Glad one of us is keeping up with their blog! LOL

You are always so crafty! I am too tired at the end of the day to do anything fun anymore.