Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I have new floors!!!



I am so happy!!!

We finally got to put some hardwood floors down!!

Last weekend we finished the kitchen, dining room (Goodbye nasty dining room carpet)

and half the living room!!! This weekend we plan on finishing the rest of the living room.

I wanted the floor to continue in the foyer but hubby said no- leave the tile!! Ok!!!

So it was truelly amazing how much dirt was under the carpets! uhh.....

It makes the house look bigger and even cleaner. We must now decide what to do with the dark stained baseboards. They look nice, but need alot of work!! Either strip and restain or replace and stain or replace and paint. Not sure what to do yet!!

I'll be sure to post a pic when the living room is done- hopefully by Monday morning!!

It's been a busy summer with all 4 kids home and they go back to school in less than three weeks! I am so excited!! Back to computer time and crafting once again! Look out Michaels- here I come!!!!!

3 comments:

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

floors look great! we have them but i wish we had carpet instead! lol the boys always scratch them up with their toys; its rough!

glad things will settle down for a bit once the kids get back to school; one of mine is in school and the other is 2! its actually easier with just the 2 year old home:)

i am dying for some michael's therapy too!!

Lori said...

Great new look! I have one room now that seriously I laid in 2004, sawing and all! I loo forward to my room and the kitchen getting done next year. I really want a rugged wood for the kitchen but don't know if I'll find it. Don't ya feel like your in a new house?? have fun enjoying your bright new space!! Love ya,Lori

Unknown said...

Hi Sweetie :) Thank you so much for your kind comment and for wanting to help Parker!! I hope to add new things to my Etsy shoppe very soon :)
Big Hugs,
Amy