Friday, December 21, 2007

Up on the housetop....


This is my little gingerbread house I made from cardboard.
It was easy and I think I may do one with the kids but use frosting and candy instead of paint and pearls. We tried to make our gingerbread house this year from the kit and it looks pretty bad!! LOL
I remember when I was in 1st grade my class made gingerbread houses from the small milk cartons and we covered them in white frosting and decorated. That would be easy to do with the cardboard house since we don't eat them anyway!!
Tonight is the big night!! Michelle has her big Christmas recital and she is in at least 5 dances!! I am excited and very anxious!!
The kids start their vacation as well... and of course 4 birthdays the week of Christmas!!
I am making a happy birthday banner for Michelle in pretty blue paper- she's not into the pink like I am!
This year for Christmas Eve I am making lasagna. This will be my first attempt at it so I hope it turns out well.
The kids wanted chicken for Christmas Day!! So instead of the tradition holiday meals we'll be serving chicken, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn, gravy and rolls.
Of course I will also be baking!!
Tommorow the kids will shop for thier ornaments for each other. Each year thy draw a name and do a secret ornament exchange.
I look forward to this time year- only a few days away!!

No comments: